Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Junk Free January Challenge

Happy New Year! Last year was alot of highs and lows for me, so I am hoping to experience more highs this year.  One of my highs this year was rediscovering what I'm capable of accomplishing.  In 2011, I promised myself to get in shape and get "skinny". This was the first year in history that I have made a resolution and actaully kept it.  In January, I began my fitness journey and started improving my health.  By March, I started seeing results, and by May, it was on! I changed one thing per week to "skinny" my life.  I gave up candy, carbonated drink, chips, ice cream, and just about anything I was always told was a "treat". I felt like since it was New Year's and all, maybe that should be our first milestone.  Let's start small.  Let's give up one thing that we love to treat ourselves with for the entire month of January.  Afterwards, we can see how hard was it really to do without.  For me, I love pizza.  Love, love, love it.  In fact, I plan my entire workouts around the fact that I can indulge in pizza on Thursday nights.  We will talk about how this work in a later post, but for now, no pizza for me until February 1st.  Think big, think small, but just think how good it will feel to do this.  Let me know how it goes......

No comments:

Post a Comment