Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jumping into January Fitness...

So, I was flipping through my People magazine and saw an ad for Shape Magazine.  They were kicking off the 2012 Diva Dash Race Series in San Diego, and I casually mentioned it to my hubby.  Little did I know, he was actually listening, and for Christmas, I got a trip to San Diego and a race packet.  This was a good thing, since we all start off the year wanting to be healthy.  It got me focused on running  jogging again.  I have alot of tendonitis in my knees from many years of softball catching, so jogging is not a strong suit.  I exercise usually around 5 days per week sometimes 2x per day, so I pretty much kept my regular routine. 


California is suppose to be warm and sunny, so I was surprised to get off the plan to cloudy and not so warm weather.  Nevertheless, we still rented our little convertible to make the drive down the Hwy 101 PCH (Pacific Coast Highway for my Southern Friends).  We were planning to meet my sister n law and nephews in Orange County, but not before we did a little shopping.  The race forecast was cold and rainy, and I don't much like either.  The hubby wanted me to be prepared, so I got a fancy new jacket and hat(above) to ward off any rain that would come my way.  It was about 55 degrees and misting rain, but it was still AWESOME. The scenery was beautiful and we were running on the beach.  Wait, this turned out to be bad for my knees, but I digress. Anywhoo, I finished in 40 min (with obstacles), which was good considering it usually takes me that long on the treadmill. I had a great time, and it felt good to jump start January with a nice 5k.  My goal for this year is to try improve my time and run as many I can.  The rest of the trip was awesome, and I would love to go back there to catch some more sights.  

What did you guys do in January to jumpstart your fitness?

No comments:

Post a Comment