Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New month, New news....


As read in my previous post, I was quite shocked when my Dad passed so young.  Me, being proactive, decided to have some hereditary test done to see if I had any signs of these same issues.  The good news is that after a few test, I didn't have any symptoms present, but there was a  preliminary finding. A growth/nodule/cyst (however you classify it) growing right around my thyroid in my neck.  {insert my freak out} The good news was that they didn't see any "characteristics" that needed a further look, but I should do a routine checkup in 6 mos. 

Fast forward 6 mos, I went yesterday.  Today, I got the call that it had grown, so I needed to come in for an ultrasound biopsy.  {insert 2nd freak out}  Many emotions and thoughts come rushing into your head when you hear news like this.  The first thing I have to do is try to remain optimistic.  Yeah, I know, Mrs. Devil Advocate, how am I suppose to do that?  Well, it's a new month, new year, and hopefully, a new outlook.  For now, I will just do what they tell me and hurry up and wait........to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment