Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What do I call skinny?

          There are so many things that we reach for, some we get, some we are still hoping to reach.  I   know I have reached certain things that I didn't even know was attainable.  I married the perfect man for me, had two beautiful children, a wonderful career, but something was missing.  I had everything in my life, but found myself always wanting more. The "more" was weighing me down, so I decided to "skinny" myself.  In January 2011, I started working out to be "skinny". I, like everyone else, tried everything diet on the market.  I even researched workout programs to find one that I liked.  I got bored with my everyday routine, so I increased the intensity of my workouts. This lead to finding a certain happiness in accomplishing such hardcore workouts. I found an amazing trainer and workout partners that held me accountable for how I treated my body.  The realization was that exercise had missing from my life for a long time.  In May 2011, I lost my Daddy suddenly, I went back into needing something "more mode".  I became insistant about eating clean. I started searching for ways to "skinny" my meals. I started tracking my calories to ensure that I was getting enough nutrition for my workout schedule. In doing this, I eliminated foods with ingredients I could pronounce, processed foods, and shop the outside perimeter of the store.  I make meals with very few ingredients, and I find it challenging to create new simple meals. Being "skinny" for me was finding that living healthier and challenging myself to help others do the same. If you are looking for something more, ask yourself, "Am I skinny?" The answer is up to you. Skinny your life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment